The word controversy in itself explains that the topic about to be discussed will have mixed reactions.
These type of papers normally have pros and cons and divide those who support and those against them.
Such topics are easy to find as you can observe the subjects that make people cringe, get emotional or very angry.
On the bright side, for a student, these kind of papers usually have a lot of content to be put across as you will be examining different sides and give supporting evidence as to why you are in support or against the given topic.
If you are having a problem coming up with a controversial topic, look no further, here are some few topics to kick-start you.
- Should abortion be legalized?
- Should euthanasia be a crime?
- Should couples be allowed to adopt children of a different race?
- What should be the legal drinking age?
- Should drunk drivers’ licenses be suspended?
- Do medical practitioners have a right to use animals for their experiments?
- Is it okay for a school to retain students in their previous class if they fail?
- Is having separate schools for disabled children a form of discrimination?
- Is college education really important?
- Do schools put more emphasis on computers than books?
- Should men be forced to take male contraceptives?
- Do schools emphasise more on academics and forget extra-curricular activities?
- Should the church be trusted or held accountable of sponsorship programmes?
- Are hate crimes too lenient?
- Should same sex marriages be officiated by a religious leader?
- Is the death penalty too severe?
- Are you in support of televised executions?
- Should laws preventing unmarried couples living together be introduced?
- Should same sex marriages be legalized?
- Do unmarried mothers and their babies have rights to child support?
- Should victims of sex abuse be allowed to have abortions?
- Are perpetrators of sex crimes entitled to their child?
- Is their gender discrimination in the workplace?
- Have today’s children abandoned playing?
- Should the parent responsible for infidelity be entitled to see their children once divorced?
- Is the driving age too young?
- Should felons be allowed to vote?
- Pedophiles should be castrated
- Has social media affected communication habits?
- Should corporal punishment be introduced in schools?
- Should corrupt officials be executed?
- Do religions encourage terrorism?
- Should minimum wage be taxed?
- Should couples have phone passwords?
- Do sex offenders deserve visitation rights?
- Should pornographic sites be banned?
- Should sex workers have a union?
- Should tithes be taxed?
- Are members of parliament supposed to pay tax?
- Should same sex couples be allowed to adopt?