Health Research Topics For College Students
If you are undertaking a health program in university, you will most likely be a doctor in the future.
The sound of that might make you smile or put more effort into your studies. However, becoming a health doctor entails more than just long hours of study.
Your choice of health research topic plays goes a long way in helping you achieve your dreams.
Yikes!!!! That’s the truth, you have to select health research topics and conduct an independent study. Ensure that your study provides new solutions to the health problem.
Some of the health research topics that you may cover include:
In the last decade, we have witnessed the discovery of unfamiliar diseases that have killed millions.
As a topic of study, you can choose a disease and discuss some of its causes, symptoms, risk factors, and treatment.
The idea is to provide a lasting solution. This can be an interesting health research topics for college students who find themselves stuck.
In case you may desire to explore some research topics on nutrition, you may view our nutrition research page.
Did you know that not all mental disorders are disabilities??Well, many Americans are not aware of these differences.
You can conduct a research that informs them of these differences. Remind them that organic mental disorders, schizophrenia, and mental retardation are examples of mental disabilities.
To obtain some of the top research topics on psychology for college students view our page.
3.The Quality Of Service In Modern US Asylums
Psychiatric institutions are a necessity in a country as big as America. The question is, are the services offered in these asylums of the highest quality?
In the past, asylums were places of safety and peace for patients. Today, individuals with mental illness do not receive the kind of help that they need. This is an interesting area of study that could see you become a health doctor.
Try it out today.
4. Inpatient hospitalization care Vs. Ambulatory care
For centuries, hospitals have been at the center of healthcare delivery. When you fall sick, you rash to the hospital where you receive quality care. However, the introduction of ambulatory care, there has been a shift in the healthcare sector. It is possible to build ambulatory care in places that patients can access effortlessly. As a student, you can explain this shift from inpatient hospitalization to ambulatory care.
5. Advantages and Disadvantages of Electronic Health Records
In the last century, the human beings have witnessed developments in technology. Such technological advancements have improved human lives and eased access to information.
Today, nurses do not have to carry around a piece of paper with a patient’s health information. All they have to do is record them in a computer and make updates every now and then.
Electronic health records have revolutionized the health sector.
6. Discuss Some of the Controversial Issues in Healthcare
Controversies abound in the healthcare sector in the country. You have probably read about them or watched some.
Although the country has made strides in improving human health, some issues remain unaddressed.
Choose a topic that continues to elicit mixed reactions from different quarters in the sector. For instance, you could opt for euthanasia, which is also called assisted death. A patient might choose to end his or her life after suffering from a terminal illness for years.
Churches and healthcare officials agree that assisted death is ethically wrong.
7. Inequalities That Exist In Healthcare & Medicine
Although the United States of America is the richest and most powerful country, it has the worst healthcare system in the world.
I know that statement has you shaking your head!! How??
In America, people receive healthcare services depending on their race. If you choose to address the disparities in this sector, ensure that you present unbiased arguments.
We can work on your research paper by ordering now.
This is a global problem and at least everyone knows someone who is obese. This would make a great topic as it affects everybody and you can narrow your research to a specific group of people and explain the causes as well as the side effects.
You can also show how it has an impact on the development of a nation. It’s a sensitive topic but with due diligence on research and come up with facts, this topic is quite informative.
9. Legal Aspects of Health
Health is a very sensitive aspect in every society as it involves life and death. There are some cases where the legal aspect might come up and the patient or the service care provider might be on the wrong side of the law.
The next legal action to be taken should be in the constitution that enables either party to get justice. Discussing this topic not only stirs up reactions but also informs the general public on laws they probably were unaware of.
10. Scientific Innovations
Healthcare practitioners are always in search of new innovations so as to improve the healthcare system.
Whereas these innovations are helpful and have saved lives in the past by coming up with remedies for deadly diseases, there have been consequences that have been fatal.
This makes an important research topic for a college student pursuing a health degree as it will shed more light on the scientific innovations.
- Are there gender disparities in the choosing of nurses?
- How can the government invest in developing healthcare services?
- Discuss the inequalities that exist in the healthcare fraternity.
- To abolish it or not?
- Do prisoners get the healthcare treatment that they deserve?
- What is the role of human resource management in hospital administration?
- Public or private hospitals?
- Is health insurance necessary?
- Should healthcare practitioners engage in strikes?
- Financial accountability in healthcare institutions.
- Does religion affect the administration of healthcare?
- What is the impact of regular training of staff in the healthcare system?
- What are the causes of heart attacks?
- An unhealthy nation is a poor nation. Discuss.
- Do we have all the necessary equipment to improve the treatment of AIDS in our country?
- Should tobacco advertisements be banned?
- The effects of smoking.
- Should there be a national healthcare fund?
- How can a registered nurse become a physician?
- Discuss the storage systems in healthcare institutions.
- What are the benefits of clean needle systems?
- What are some of the coping strategies for children with autism?
- What are the treatment methodologies for adults with eating disorders?
- Dental care for infants.
- Impact of chronic diseases on the labour force.
- Cost-effective preventive healthcare measures.
- Should vaccinations be mandatory?
- Is free healthcare economical for a nation?
- Does increasing alcohol prices improve the healthcare of a nation?
- Life expectancy rates of a poor nation.
- Is the state responsible for promoting healthy lifestyles?
- Are health care reforms necessary?
- Healthcare expenditures for pregnant women should be waivered.
- Music as a form of therapy for pain relief.
- Importance of breastfeeding to term.
- Causes of child mortality under 5 years.
- Detecting depression in its early stages and preventive measures.
- Factors that alter breast milk content.
- Gay couples and risk to HIV/AIDS.
- Family planning methods and their effectiveness.